Sherri Kimes & Dave Roberts from Cornell University School of Hotel Administration shares their research analysis on post-covid-19 and how the hotel industry has responded to it.
This research was done on different areas of the hotel including the evolution of guest mix, shifting of roles in Revenue Management, demand forecasting trends, the role of OTAs and other factors.
Table of content inside the e-research include:
- Demographic Results of Survey
- Analysis Agenda
- Hotel Performance: 2019 Performance vs Expectations 6 Months Ago, Evolution of Guest Mix, Domestic Business Insights Comparative Analysis
- Revenue Management: Changing Role of RM, Impact of COVID on RM, Cooperation between different departments Time Allocation Differences, Demand Generation Techniques, Importance of OTAs in Generating Demand, Forecasting Methods
- Price War Overview: Price War Triggers, Price War Avoidance Tactics.
- Moving Forward: Most Important Thing Learned, Five Most Surprising Things Learned, Quantitative Takeaways
Here are some highlights from the research:
1) Evolution of Guest Mix
2) Changing Role of Revenue Manager
Impact of COVID on RM
3) Demand Generation Techniques
4) Importance of OTAs in Generating Demand
5) Price War Avoidance Tactics
Most Important Thing Learned
To read the full report here
This article has been written by guest writers Sherri Kimes and Dave Roberts from Cornell University.
How Hotels Have Responded to COVID-19 Key Takeaways was last modified: June 16th, 2021 by